Local authorities have accused US missionary, Russell Martin Stendal of aiding the left-wing rebel group FARC.
The American missionary was once held hostage by the Colombian rebels.
The Colombian authorities have based their allegations on the missionary work he carried out in the FARC territories.
They have accused him of being a “messenger for the guerrillas”.
- Police Col Flavio Meza said Martin Stendal, a 59-year old native of Minnesota, surrendered on Wednesday night to face an arrest warrant charging him with supporting terrorism and collaborating with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia rebel movement.
- Police allege that Stendal, who lives in Colombia, traveled to Cuba and Panama as a messenger for the guerrillas.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017