The US has reportedly airlifted a number of ISIS militants near the eastern Syrian city of Dayr al-Zawr, where Syrian troops are closing in on the terrorists.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that two US helicopters conducted the operation on Thursday morning, taking four ISIS members and a civilian from a house that had been used as an arms depot.
Press TV reports:
According to the report, the five people transferred during the operation included a foreign bomb expert, three Egyptian Daesh members and a civilian.
Witnesses found shaved hair of the five individuals near the area, the observatory said, adding that after airlifting the Daesh members, troops blew up the arms depot.
The US and its allies have been conducting airstrikes against what are said to be Daesh targets inside Syria since September 2014 without any authorization from the Damascus government or a UN mandate.
The military alliance has repeatedly been accused of targeting and killing civilians. It has also been largely incapable of fulfilling its declared aim of destroying Daesh.
The US has long been accused of colluding with Daesh to provide safe passage and logistic support to the members of the Takfiri group in conflict zones.
In June, the commander of the Russian forces in Syria, Colonel General Sergei Surovikin, accused US-led forces in Syria of colluding with the Daesh leaders who surrender the areas under their control and head to provinces where Syrian government forces operate.
The Russian commander also criticized Washington for trying to block Syrian government forces from taking control of the country’s southern border.
Political observers warn that the US is using Daesh to create chaos in the Middle East and pursue Israel’s plan to change the Middle East map by disintegrating the regional countries.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Brussels Chief Says Britain Will Rejoin The EU - January 17, 2020
- Mother & Grandparents Accused Of Locking Children In Wooden Cages - January 17, 2020
- Female Pedophile Jailed For 8 Yrs After Posing As A Boy To Sexually Assault 50 Schoolgirls - January 13, 2020