The US has admitted that civilians may have been killed in an airstrike this week which was allegedly targeting ISIS in Syria.
According to a statement by the US Central Command, US jets targeting an ISIS ‘weapons facility’ in Raqqa, Syria “may have resulted in civilian casualties” during an airstrike Tuesday.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Press TV reports:
Elites Panic As Queen’s Death Threatens To Expose Pedophile Ring
WEF Anoint Charles ‘The Great Reset King’
WEF To Force Public To Wear ‘Brain Implants’ So the Elite Can Read Their Minds
Woody Harrelson Slams Big Pharma: 'The Last People You Should Trust With Your Health'
NASA Insider Confesses on Deathbed: I Filmed Fake Moon Landing in 1969
Disney’s ‘Little Demon’ Is Normalizing Satanism and Pedophilia for the Masses
Nostradamus Predicted 'Great Uprising' Against King Charles III
King Charles III Vows To Usher In ‘Great Reset’ Following Queen Elizabeth’s Death
Bill Gates’ Factory Breeding 30 Million Mosquitos Infected With ‘Infertility Bacteria’ Per Week
The statement, released as part of a post-strike assessment, said a decision would be made later on “whether an investigation is needed.”
CENTCOM claimed that a non-military vehicle drove into the target area after the airstrike had been launched, saying that “the vehicle’s occupants may have perished as a result of the strike”.
This announcement came after the so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Wednesday that 6,004 people had been killed in the US-led coalition airstrikes in Syria during a period of 23 months, from September 23, 2014 to August 23, 2016.
Last month, the US was heavily criticized for its airstrikes even by the so-called Syrian National Coalition (SNC).
President of the SNC, Anas Alabdah, called on the US to suspend its airstrikes until it performs a thorough investigation into an attack near the volatile northern city of Manbij that killed at least 73 civilians and at most 205. This was dubbed the worst US-caused civilian casualty disaster of the so-called war against the Daesh Takfiri group.
However, the US said it would not pause airstrikes in Syria despite such appeals.
Syria has been gripped by foreign-backed militancy since March 2011. United Nations Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura estimates that over 400,000 people have been killed in the conflict in Syria.
The UN has stopped its official casualty count in Syria, citing its inability to verify the figures it receives from various sources.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- EU Will Be ‘Vigilant’ Against ‘Threat’ Posed By Democratically Elected Italian Leader Says French PM - September 27, 2022
- Politico’s Founding Editor Says The Constitution Must Be Rewritten To Stop Donald Trump - September 27, 2022
- North Korea Tells UN It Will Continue Its Nuclear Buildup - September 27, 2022