Following in the footsteps of liberal celebrities calling for a “total Hollywood strike” until Trump resigns, aging rockers U2 have announced they are canceling the release of their upcoming album in protest, band members said in an interview.
Speaking to Rolling Stone, guitarist The Edge said that U2 has canceled the release of the completed album and will take some “breathing space” because of Trump’s ascension to the White House.
The 40-year-old group were set to release the album, Songs of Experience, which The Edge said was finished toward the end of last year. He explained that most of it was was written in early 2016 or before then.
“Now, as I think you’d agree, the world is a different place,” he said, sparking hopes that U2 will finally call it quits and disappear.
“More winning and he hasn’t even taken office yet!”
The group used their dwindling platform to campaign against Trump during the election, endorsing Hillary and threatening Americans with doomsday scenarios if they voted Trump. At the iHeartRadio music festival in September, Bono used lyrics from their song Desire to make pointed remarks about the then presidential nominee, telling Americans they would “lose everything” if they elected Trump.
Out-of-touch Bono has a history of braindead ideas. In 2015 he told a hearing on combating violent extremism that “we can defeat ISIS with comedy” and advocated sending Amy Schumer and Chris Rock to Syria.
Latest posts by Baxter Dmitry (see all)
- Polls Suggest Majority of Native American are PROUD of Washington Redskins’ Name - July 5, 2020
- BLM Leader Says Highly-Trained ‘Military’ Arm Will Achieve Goals ‘By Any Means Necessary’ - July 5, 2020
- President Trump Will ‘Lead America Back to God,’ According to Fascinating 1983 Prophecy - July 5, 2020