Twitter has given Donald Trump Jr. a 12-hour time out from tweeting .
The suspension came after he posted a link to a video containing what Twitter said was ‘misleading information’ about COVID-19.
Trump Jr. violated the social media company’s “misinformation policy” by sharing a viral video of medical doctors talking about the use of Hydroxychloroquine to sure the coronavirus..
“This is a must watch!! So different from the narrative everyone is running with!” the presidents son said about the clip which has been removed repeatedly from social media sites.
RT reports: President Donald Trump tweeted the very same video – he has spoken of the antimalarial’s benefits in the past, though studies have shown varying results – and the tweet was removed, but he appears to have not been suspended like his son was, as he has tweeted since then.
Trump Jr’s tweet has been removed from his page as well, and he will not be able to use his account in full for the next 12 hours. He can still send direct messages to followers, but cannot retweet, like, or post his own new tweets.
Twitter said through a spokesperson that this is not a “suspension,” but instead a “temporary lockout.” To end the “lockout,” Trump Jr. must willingly delete the tweet himself. It has been replaced on his page with a message that simply reads: “this tweet is no longer available.” The same message can be found on the president’s Twitter page in place of his own tweet that shared the video.
The video itself was originally streamed by conservative news outlet Breitbart and featured doctors, proclaiming themselves to be ‘America’s Frontline Doctors,’ talking about the benefits of HCQ and claiming masks are not needed to stop the spread of coronavirus. The credentials of some in the video have since come into question, and the video has been actively purged from social media pages for spreading “misinformation” about the current pandemic.
Trump Jr’s Twitter lockout has only added fuel to the fire for people already accusing social media companies of bias against conservatives.
“If you don’t think this is about CONTROL, YOU AREN’T PAYING ATTENTION,” Blaze TV host Sara Gonzalez tweeted in reaction.
“Despicable,”wrote political pundit and strategist Bryan Dean Wright.
Last month, US Attorney General William Barr announced a broad antitrust investigation into big tech companies, including an examination of their online practices, with potential actions likely dropping before the summer is up.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Anti-Soros, QAnon Supporter Wins Republican Nomination For Congressional Seat - August 12, 2020
- Ghislaine Maxwell Complains About Jail, Wants To Be moved Out Of Solitary Confinement - August 11, 2020
- Joe Biden Has Chosen Kamala Harris As His Running Mate - August 11, 2020