Federal judge, Andrew Hanan, has ordered Obama’s legal team to appear in a Texas courtroom to explain why they have granted rights and privileges to over 100,000 illegal immigrants.
Several days ago, Western Journalism reported that lawyers for the Justice Department had made an astonishing admission — that the Obama administration had misled the federal judge about actions already undertaken as a result of the president’s executive order on amnesty.
Now, as U.S. News & World Report tells us, the federal judge is none too happy and has just told government lawyers thay must appear in court on March 19th.
“The hearing is in response to a filing last week in which the government acknowledged three-year deportation reprieves were granted before Hanen’s Feb. 16 injunction, which temporarily halted Obama’s action, sparing from deportation as many as 5 million people in the U.S. illegally.”
The coalition of 26 states which had convinced Judge Hanen to temporarily block Obama’s executive amnesty charges that the government misled the judge about not implementing part of the plan before the judge halted it, giving the states more time to argue against the president’s unilateral action on immigration.
As Breitbart notes: “Government attorneys had previously said officials wouldn’t accept such requests under Obama’s action until Feb. 18.”
The Reuters news agency says that Judge Hanen had been asked by the administration to decided by Monday whether he would put on hold his previous decision to block Obama’s executive action. Instead of answering that administration request, the judge made his own demand of the Obama legal team.
Judge Hanen’s decision to block Obama’s amnesty oder was an initial victory for the states that brought the case alleging Obama had exceeded his powers by using his pen to let close to 5 million illegal immigrants stay without threat of deportation and also be granted Social Security numbers, work permits and possible federal tax “refunds” even though they had never paid income taxes.