Former prime minister Edward Heath has been accused of raping a 12-year-old boy, as police face a corruption investigation into whether they dropped a case against a brothel madam who threatened to expose him in the 1990s.
A police inquiry was opened on Monday urging other potential victims to come forward.
It has also emerged that Heath is being investigated by Scotland Yard as part of Operation Midland, an inquiry into claims a VIP paedophile ring operated in the 1970s and 1980s,
He is currently being investigated by four police forces as part of their inquiries into allegations of historical child abuse.
According to ITV: The State of Jersey Police confirmed the former Prime Minister features in Operation Whistle, an inquiry into alleged historic abuse on the island. Kent Police has confirmed it is investigating a complaint made against Sir Edward.
Earlier, reports emerged that Sir Edward is being looked at as part of Operation Midland, a Scotland Yard inquiry into claims a VIP paedophile ring operated in the 1970s and 1980s.
RT reports: The victim, who says he was 12 when the former PM raped him, said he had been abused throughout his childhood by his father and other pedophile connections, including Heath.
He alleges that he was picked up on the A2 road in Kent and taken back to an apartment on Park Lane in London where Heath raped him, the Daily Mirror reported.
His attacker remained unknown to him in until 1965, the man claims, when he saw a photo of Heath standing next to Margaret Thatcher.
In statements to his legal team reported in the Mirror, the man said: “I learned that he was MP for Bexley. This answered a lot of questions as to why no-one believed me about the London saga. I got called a liar and a fantasist.”
The allegations against Heath emerged after a retired Wiltshire police officer, who reached a senior rank in the force, revealed that a case involving a brothel owner had been dropped when she said she would expose Heath.
A colleague of the whistleblower, another retired officer, said he was sure the allegations would prove to be true.
He told the Daily Mail: “I have no doubt that the allegation that a prosecution was stopped in suspicious circumstances, because of a potential link to Sir Edward, is true.”
The Metropolitan Police did not comment on the claims brought forward by the alleged victim.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Dozens Of Massachusetts State Police Troopers Quit Over Covid Vaccine Mandate - September 27, 2021
- Norway Celebrates End Of Restrictions As Covid Classified No More Dangerous Than Flu - September 27, 2021
- Big Pharma Companies Stand To Make Billions From Covid Vaccine Boosters - September 27, 2021