The Syrian Foreign Ministry has accused the United Stated and Britain of supplying toxic chemical agents to terrorist groups operating in the war torn country.
On Wednesday the Syrian Foreign Ministry said that toxic agents found in Aleppo and Damascus were produced by one British and two American companies.
According to Syria’s Deputy Foreign Minsiter Faisal Mekdad: “The special equipment found consisted of hand grenades and rounds for grenade launchers equipped with CS and CN toxic agents […] The chemical munitions were produced by the Federal Laboratories company in the US. The toxic agents were produced by Cherming Defence UK and NonLethal Technologies (US)”
Sputnik news reports: According to the deputy foreign minister, the poisonous substances were found in the storehouses of the militants in Aleppo and in the eastern suburbs of Damascus.
Mekdad noted that in accordance with Article 5 of the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons, the use of toxic agents is permitted only to combat riots. It is prohibited to use them in warfare.
“So, we can say for sure that the US and UK as well as its allies in the region violate the Chemical Weapons Convention. They support terrorist organizations operating in Syria. They deliver to the militants not only armaments but also prohibited toxic agents,” the deputy foreign minister added.
It is not the first time such reports emerge. According to Fars News Agency in May local sources and eyewitnesses reported that a group of White Helmets’ activists accompanied by one of the Arab satellite channels arrived in the area near Idlib in Syria to shoot staged videos allegedly depicting consequences of a chemical attack.
Swedish Doctors for Human Rights (SWEDHR) non-governmental organization issued a report earlier in the year, stating that the “lifesaving” procedures shown in the videos published by the White Helmets are incorrect, fake and “ultimately performed on dead children.”
On April 4, a chemical weapons incident in Syria’s Idlib province claimed the lives of some 80 people and inflicted harm on an additional 200 civilians. The Syrian National Coalition of Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, as well as a number of Western states, accused the Syrian government troops of carrying out the attack, while Damascus refuted these allegations, with a Syrian army source telling Sputnik that the army did not possess chemical weapons.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Biden Will Debate Trump Says His Wife - August 5, 2020
- Democrat Lawmaker Calls For The Abolition Of History Classes In Illinois Because They ‘Lead To Racism’ - August 4, 2020
- Trump Awards More Than $35 Million To Aid Human Trafficking Survivors - August 4, 2020