Emergency protest: Don’t bomb Iraq, Don’t bomb Syria. Lobby your MP
• PROTEST: Downing Street. 5.30pm Thursday 25th September
• LOBBY YOUR MP: Use our model letter to write to your MP. It takes 2 minutes.
‘David Cameron is planning to recall parliament on Friday to push through a vote for the UK to join the US in bombing Isis in Iraq and possibly Syria.
If this vote passes British forces will be back in action in Iraq just three years after the last troops were withdrawn from the catastrophic occupation of 2003-11. The development comes in the same week Tony Blair called for renewed bombing in the region and the possibility of boots on the ground.
All the experience of the terrible wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya has shown that western military action only serves to kill innocents, destroy infrastructure and inflame violence.
Isis is a reactionary force, but it is in part a product of the disastrous occupation of Iraq by Western powers. Isis is funded by some of our main allies in the region, including Saudi Arabia. Escalating Western military intervention will do nothing to stop them but will create more suffering and further destabilise the region.
Stop the War is calling on its London supporters to protest on Thursday 25 September evening outside Downing Street from 5.30pm till 7.30pm. (Nearest tubes: Westminster and Charing Cross)’
Source and more info: Stop The War Coalition
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- Catholic Church Says Paedophiles Innocent Because Children Consented - August 23, 2017
- Iranian Court Demands US pay $245mn To Chemical Weapons Victims - August 23, 2017
- Certain Elements In Washington, DC & Tel Aviv Planned 9/11 - August 22, 2017