British Special Forces and the Metropolitan Police have reportedly been put on standby and are prepared to deal with up to 10 simultaneous terror attacks on the streets of London.
The Army is also on standby outside the capital to aid the police and SAS in the event of multiple terror attacks.
Security chiefs fear (or want the public to fear) Paris-style attacks by terrorists returning from Syria.
A minister familiar with the proposals told the Sunday Times: “We used to plan for three simultaneous attacks but Paris has shown that you need to be ready for more than that. We are ready if someone tries with seven, eight, nine, ten.”
RT reports: The Army’s counter-terrorist bomb disposal unit is also reportedly building a team to deal with chemical or biological weapons, known as ‘dirty bombs’.
The National Crime Agency (NCA) meanwhile is also reportedly joining the effort by cracking down on firearms, connected to concerns over the potential danger posed by British jihadists returning to the UK from Syria.
The news follows Friday’s capture in Brussels of Paris massacre suspect Salah Abdeslam, who had been on the run since the devastating attacks which left 130 dead in November.
According to Abdeslam’s lawyer, Sven Mary, the 26-year-old French national is planning to fight plans to extradite him to France under a European arrest warrant.
Earlier this month, Mark Rowley the national head of counter-terrorism, warned that ISIS may be planning “enormous and spectacular” attacks on British soil.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Prince Andrew Hosted Jeffrey Epstein At Queen’s Scottish Residence, Balmoral - August 20, 2019
- Lawyer Alan Dershowitz Says Epstein Took His Own Life Because ‘He Thought He’d Be Better Off Dead’ - August 20, 2019
- Jeffrey Epstein Was Given Three 12 Yr Old Girls to Abuse As A Birthday Gift, Unsealed Court Documents Claim - August 19, 2019