An ex-soldier has spoken out for the first time about a mass UFO sighting near Roswell, in which he says another 500 military personnel witnessed multiple UFOs in the New Mexico desert.
The man, who is yet to be named, broke a 44-year silence over the incident and reported it to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) – the officially recognised body for UFO sightings.
In claims made last week he said the mysterious five hour-long event will haunt him until he dies.
The veteran said in July 1971 he was in the US Army Air Defence Unit, stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas, when they were sent on “military manouvres” in the New Mexico desert, west of Roswell.
Roswell has been at the heart of the UFO scene since in July 1947 the military sensationally announced in a press release it had found the remains of a crashed flying saucer in the desert nearby.
But the following day it retracted the statement, saying it was in fact a damaged US Air Force air balloon.
Witnesses later came forward to say there had been alien bodies within the “crashed craft”, which along with the wreckage were then taken to the mysterious top-secret Area 51 military base in Nevada.
The veteran behind the latest claims said it concerned events 24 years after the Roswell incident.
He said there were 500 personal on the operation in New Mexico when the unit had a nocturnal double UFO encounter.
“The first object was spotted coming from the north and stopped. Another object approached from the west. For the next five hours, the objects made erratic moves remaining in a close area.”
He described them as circular, but that it was not possible to tell the size because the altitude was unclear.
“At daylight we were ordered to a location in the desert for chow (food). The whole unit was discussing the UFOs. My unit had 500 plus soldiers, we were a vulcan/chaparral air defence unit and were trained to recognise all foreign and domestic air craft flying at that time. The UFOs remained visible until the sun became too bright.”
He did not explain why only now he came forward, but added:
“This event will remain etched in my mind until I pass. Thanks for allowing me to share this experience.”
It has not been possible to confirm if he was a genuine veteran, but MUFON is investigating the case and has listed it as “unresolved”.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Teen Vogue Accused of Promoting Prostitution to Young Readers - June 17, 2019
- Top AIDS Researcher and Democratic Donor Confirmed Dead - June 17, 2019
- Joe Biden Tells Girl: “I’ll Bet You’re as Bright as You Are Good Looking” - June 17, 2019