An ex policeman has claimed that a member of the royal family was involved in a suspected paedophile ring.
But investigations into the allegations were shut down by the Crown Prosecution Service for national security reasons the former police officer said.
He was told by fellow officers that both a royal and an MP had both been identified as part of a major child abuse inquiry in the late 1980s.
The Mirror Reports: The ex-officer told the Sunday Mirror how a named detective sergeant based at London’s Marylebone police station in the late 1980s spoke to him about the investigation and the fact it had been axed.
The former officer said: “I was in a car with two other vice squad officers. They were discussing a madam who had provided a girl of about 15 to Oliver Reed.
“The detective sergeant said he had just had a major child abuse investigation shut down by the CPS regarding a royal and an MP.
“He did not mention names, but he said the CPS had said it was not in the public’s interest because it ‘could destabilise national security’.”
The former officer added: “What I was told has stayed with me to this day.”
The Sunday Mirror has been given the names of his two colleagues and the officer we spoke to said he was passing his information to the police.
Sir Allan Green, Director of Public Prosecutions, when the probe was said to have been axed, told us he was not aware of any paedophile investigations shut down for national security reasons.
But he said had been asked by a “senior person” if he had heard anything about an MP being involved in child abuse. He said he had not.
Sir Allan would not name the MP, but said he has since died. He refused to say what year he was approached or if the interrogator worked for the CPS.
Reed was never prosecuted over underage sex. The probe into the madam was separate to the paedophile ring.
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- Certain Elements In Washington, DC & Tel Aviv Planned 9/11 - August 22, 2017
- Trump To Send More US Troops To Afghanistan - August 22, 2017
- US-Led Coalition Bomb Syrian Army, ISIS Attack Follows - August 21, 2017