It seems that the idea of being outside of the European Union is just too much for 48 % of UK residents who wanted their country to ‘remain’.
They have set up a parliamentary petition calling for a second referendum.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
By Saturday morning more than one million people had signed, which is more than ten times the figure at which an issue is formally considered for a debate in parliament.
Despite being set up hours after the result, the petition quickly reached its goal of over 100,000 signatures and went far beyond it. This means that it must be debated in parliament within a year.
By Saturday noon the petition had been signed by one million Brits.
Traffic to the site was so intense that it crashed temporarily on Friday.
“The site was temporarily down due to exceptionally high volumes of simultaneous users on a single petition, significantly higher than on any previous occasion,” a House of Commons spokeswoman said.
The UK Government Digital Service resolved the problem and the petition is now accessible.
William Oliver Healey was the brainchild of the petition, stating “We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.”
He may have a case as the turnout at the referendum was 72 percent, while a slim majority of 52 percent was in favor of leaving the EU, with 48 percent wanting to remain.
Any possible debate would have to take place quickly if current Prime Minister David Cameron is to be present. The leader of the Conservative Party announced he would be stepping down in the wake of the vote as he had forcefully backed the ‘Remain’ campaign to keep Britain in the EU.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- FDA Say Getting Pfizer’s Covid Booster & Flu Jabs On Same Day Raises Risk Of A Stroke - January 31, 2023
- MIT Professor & Expert On Drug Safety Calls For Immediate Suspension Of Covid Jabs - January 31, 2023
- Bill Gates Squirms When Questioned About Jeffrey Epstein Again - January 31, 2023