North Korea has threatened to launch a nuclear attack on America today – on the 64th anniversary since the end of the Korean War.
According to Armed Forces Minister Pak Yong-sik, Pyongyang are prepared to mark the anniversary of the historic cease-fire by launching nukes into the heartland of America.
Thesun.co.uk reports: “If enemies misunderstand our strategic status and stick to options of staging a pre-emptive nuclear attack against us, we will launch a nuclear attack on America’s heart as the most relentless punishment without warning or prior notice,” said Pak, reports the official KCNA news agency.
The hermit kingdom likes to mark key events in history with missile launches or similar acts of aggression.
Its recent ICBM test was launched on July 4 as a “present” for Donald Trump on Independence Day.
The ICBM was the first of its kind to be launched by the secret state and the test sent shockwaves across the world after the trigger-happy tyrant vowed to turn the US into a “pile of ash”.
A successful ICBM test launch marks a significant step forward for secretive Pyongyang’s weapons capability.
ICBMs have a minimum range of about 3,418 miles, but some are designed to travel 6,214 miles or further.
Transporter vehicles carrying equipment for the firing of a ballistic missile have also been seen arriving in Kusong of the country’s northwestern province.
The United Nations Security Council is still mulling whether and how to impose further sanctions in response to the July 4 ICBM test.
But South Korea remains keen on talks with its northern neighbour.
Since President Moon Jae-in was inaugurated in May, he has been pushing for inter-Korean cooperation as a way of reducing tensions.
The Koreas may have ended their conflict in 1953, but they have yet to formally agree a peace treaty.
Last week, Hawaii has become the first US state to prepare for a possible nuclear missile attack from North Korea amid rising political tensions.
The plan includes Cold War-style evacuation drills for school students and announcements that will tell residents “Get inside, stay inside, and stay tuned.”
Starting in November, the scheme will also include testing of a new emergency siren on the first work day of every month in the event of an attack from North Korea.
The campaign by Hawaii Emergency Management Agency is aimed at helping people prepare for doomsday if North Korean leader Kim decides to follow through with his threats.
Vern Miyagi, head of the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (Hema), said: “We do not want to cause any undue stress for the public. However, we have a responsibility to plan for all hazards.”
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Investigators Deployed After Fulton County Discovers ‘Issue’ With Ballot Reporting - November 9, 2020
- Biden Supporter at Rally Screams at Cops: ‘Blue Lives Do NOT Matter’ - November 9, 2020
- Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin: ‘We Must BURN DOWN the Republican Party’ - November 9, 2020