Thirty-five non-governmental organizations have demanded an immediate end to hostilities in Yemen, warning that the Saudi-led coalition’s war against the country has put 14 million people on the verge of famine.
The UN has also warned that Yemen is on brink of ‘world’s worst famine in 100 years‘ if airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition continued.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
In a statement on Wednesday both Yemeni and international NGO’s said : “With 14 million men, women and children on the brink of famine – half of the country’s population – there has never been a more urgent time to act”
Coolio Was About To Take Down Hollywood Pedophile Ring Before He Died
Pope Francis Vows To Usher In ‘One World Religion’
Bill Gates Caught Admitting ‘Climate Change Is WEF Scam’ to Inner Circle
Elites Panic As Queen’s Death Threatens To Expose Pedophile Ring
WEF Anoint Charles ‘The Great Reset King’
WEF To Force Public To Wear ‘Brain Implants’ So the Elite Can Read Their Minds
Woody Harrelson Slams Big Pharma: 'The Last People You Should Trust With Your Health'
NASA Insider Confesses on Deathbed: I Filmed Fake Moon Landing in 1969
Disney’s ‘Little Demon’ Is Normalizing Satanism and Pedophilia for the Masses
Press TV reports: The statement also called on the world to “secure an immediate cessation of hostilities” and “suspend the supply of arms at risk of being used in Yemen”.
“We call on governments to redouble their efforts to guarantee unimpeded access to essential items… including through the lifeline port of Hudaydah, where civilians have been caught in renewed fighting over the past few days.”
The humanitarian crisis in Yemen is manmade and a direct consequence of the severe restrictions on access to food, fuel, medical imports and humanitarian aid, it added.
The appeal was signed by Oxfam, Action Against Hunger, Doctors of the World, the International Federation for Human Rights, CARE International, and Yemeni organizations.
Saudi Arabia has been incessantly pounding Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to crush the popular Houthi movement and reinstate former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of the Riyadh regime.
One of the principle targets of the Saudi strikes is Hudaydah port, where the World Food Programme is finding it hard or impossible to access desperately-needed wheat stocks. Yemen is heavily dependent on food imports and the deadly ground and aerial attacks by the Riyadh regime and its allies are directly adding to the risk of starvation on a massive scale.
According to a new report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Planned Parenthood Director Claims Biological Men Can Have Pregnancies - October 1, 2022
- Senior Biden Adviser Says MAGA Republicans Want To ‘Destroy’ America - October 1, 2022
- Putin Says The West Is ‘Clinging To The Past’ - October 1, 2022