Mayor Megan Barry of Metropolitan Nashville Davidson County, a rising star of the Democratic Party, has been caught on security video having sex with her bodyguard in Nashville’s historical cemetery.
Mayor Megan Barry, who is married, found time alone with her police bodyguard, Sgt. Rob Forrest, during early morning visits to the Nashville City Cemetery, security video uncovered by NewsChannel 5 Investigates shows.
And every time the mayor and her bodyguard got it on in the cemetery, taxpayers were paying Sgt. Forrest to be there, payroll records show.
Mayor Barry came under increasing pressure to resign late Thursday as the scandal surrounding her extramarital affair with her former taxpayer funded bodyguard took a further salacious and potentially criminal turn.
Three weeks earlier, on January 31, Mayor Barry admitted to conducting a two-year long extramarital affair with Forrest, also married and head of her security detail, from “shortly after” her election in September 2015 until an unspecified date shortly prior to his resignation, which came on the day of the news conference.
Barry claimed at the time the affair was a personal matter that violated no laws or ethical standards, and refused to resign.
In 2017, Barry and Forrest took nine expensive trips alone together outside of Tennessee, all funded by the city’s taxpayers, to Athens, Greece, San Francisco, California, and Washington, DC, among other places.
In the days subsequent to Barry’s admission of the extramarital affair, numerous damaging stories came to light, and three separate investigations—one by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), another by a special committee of the Nashville Metro City Council, and a third by the Nashville Metro City Council’s Ethical Board of Conduct—were launched.
Breitbart reports: Among the new revelations reported on after Barry admitted to the affair were the following:
- Barry’s bodyguard lover, Sgt. Forrest, was paid far more overtime—$173,000 over two and a half years—than any other Metro Nashville Police Department officer on the Mayor’s security detail.
- Sgt. Forrest’s daughter, a recent graduate of Belmont Law School, was hired in Metro Nashville’s Legal Department after a strong recommendation from Mayor Barry for a job that was created specifically for her and for which no other candidates were interviewed.
- In October 2016, Mayor Barry’s Chief Operating Officer, Rich Riebeling, decided to remove authority for approval of Forrest’s travel requests with the mayor from Metro Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson and gave that approval authority to Mayor Barry’s Chief of Staff Debbie Mason without informing Chief Anderson of the decision. The city’s information technology system, however, continued to show Anderson as the approving authority until February 9 of this year, when a report on the issue by NewsChannel 5 prompted Metro Nashville’s Director of Information Technology Systems to describe the error as “a computer glitch.”
Mayor Barry’s resolve not to resign began to weaken on Thursday, sources tell Breitbart News, when local media outlets reported that a judge granted a search warrant request from the TBI for city-issued cell phones she and Sgt. Forrest used during the extramarital affair.
“The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says it has obtained nude photos of a woman taken on the phone of former Sgt. Rob Forrest, evidence that investigators believe shows Nashville Mayor Megan Barry engaged in an affair with her former bodyguard while he was on duty,” the Tennessean reported Thursday afternoon.
On Tuesday, two days before the search warrant news broke, hundreds of people attended a “Resign Now! Megan Barry” rally held on the steps of the Metro Nashville Davidson County Courthouse and City Hall.
“Because of Megan Barry’s reckless behavior, people’s lives and marital covenants have been damaged forever. The longer she remains in office, the longer we are left with an embarrassing situation that highlights the hypocrisy of the #Metoo movement,” former Vanderbilt professor Carol Swain said in her speech at the rally.
“Mayor Barry allegedly involved other subordinates in apparently helping her hide expenses connected with her affair, where she traveled with her lover even … staying days beyond what was necessary on the city dime.
“Although she had offered to write a check for any inappropriate expenses, that does not make the unethical, immoral behavior go away. I’m sure many embezzlers would like to write a check to make their mistakes go away.”
Latest posts by Baxter Dmitry (see all)
- World Famous Physicist Says He’s ‘Found Evidence That God Exists’ - December 28, 2018
- Child Rapist Released From Prison Because He’s ‘Vulnerable’ Behind Bars - December 28, 2018
- Swedish Doctor of Theology: Islamism is ‘Evil’ & We Must ‘Change Our Attitude’ - December 28, 2018