Labour MP John Mann said he handed evidence of ‘abuse parties’ to Scotland Yard in 1998 and claims case was closed within three months on orders of ‘those at the top’.
The Mail Online reports: Police were told a Cabinet minister and prominent MPs were abusing children 26 years ago at a block of luxury flats used by politicians but nothing was done, a senior MP revealed yesterday.
Fears of a cover-up of an Establishment paedophile ring deepened last night as an MP said he handed over evidence in 1988 of ‘abuse parties’ at Dolphin Square and other London locations, but an investigation was shelved by Scotland Yard.
Labour’s John Mann said the case was closed within three months on the orders of ‘those at the top’.
His revelation came as it emerged that police are probing disturbing reports of three murders linked to the alleged VIP paedophile ring in the 1970s and 1980s.
A victim has claimed he saw a Conservative MP strangle a 12-year-old boy to death at an ‘abuse party’ in a Central London townhouse around 1980.
The witness, known only as Nick, says a Tory Cabinet minister watched two men kill a second boy in a depraved sexual assault a year later.
He has also told police he saw a boy of ten or 11 being run over in broad daylight.
The extraordinary allegations come just days after Scotland Yard announced it was setting up a new inquiry, Operation Midland, to investigate ‘possible homicides’ more than 30 years ago linked to a child abuse network said to involve senior politicians, spy chiefs, prominent military and legal figures.
But yesterday Mr Mann claimed the Metropolitan Police knew back in 1988 that these sex parties were happening and did nothing to stop them.
As a young councillor investigating corruption in his local borough of Lambeth, Mr Mann uncovered evidence that a Tory Cabinet minister and other serving politicians were sexually abusing children taken from care homes to Dolphin Square, a luxury riverside estate in Pimlico which has been home to dozens of MPs.
He reported his concerns to Lambeth police, but told the Mail: ‘I was told in 1989 by local police that they were very unhappy but they had been instructed to stop the investigation by someone at the top of the police.’
In July this year, it emerged that a 40-page dossier on suspected Establishment paedophiles compiled by the late Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens and sent to then Home Secretary Leon Brittan in 1983 had vanished.
A recent Home Office inquiry into its whereabouts failed to uncover the files and Home Secretary Theresa May said she could not rule out a possible cover-up.
Tom Watson, the Labour MP who first raised the alarm in 2012 at Prime Minister’s Questions when he said a paedophile ring was linked to ‘Parliament and No 10’, called for a national police inquiry.
‘The allegations of cruelty, torture and murder are truly shocking, and go far beyond the case that I raised with the Prime Minister two years ago,’ he said.
‘The public will be deeply concerned, which is why it is vital the police quickly establish the facts.
‘They are such disturbing allegations that I have no doubt that the resources will be found to conduct a thorough investigation.’
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- US Trial Finds Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine Safe For 5 – 11 Year Old Children - September 20, 2021
- UK High Court Asked To Pause Covid Vaccine Rollout For Children - September 20, 2021
- Outrage As Celebrities Go Maskless At Emmys While Kids Are Forced To Wear Them At School - September 20, 2021