President Trump is on a winning streak, and his latest victory may be his most unexpected and important yet.
After months of trash talk and behind-the-scenes negotiations, Angela Merkel has had to substantially “water down” her G20 Climate Plan after coming up against the will of President Trump, who refused to cower or submit to the will of the globalists.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
This is what American strength looks like. With a strong leader, negotiating with world leaders using the same business savvy that made him a successful businessman, we can ensure that America will be taken care of. Our best interests will be looked after.
We will not be pushed around on the world stage by globalists any more.
Germany has ‘massively weakened’ its climate action plan for next week’s G20 summit in Hamburg in order to appease Donald Trump.
According to a shocked report in the green, EU-linked propaganda outlet Climate Change News this represents a disastrous cultural surrender which
“….shows the degree to which the German presidency has bent to the will of the Trump White House.”
In public, Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel has been talking tough on climate change, promising to put it at the forefront of the G20 summit and making none-too-subtle swipes at any world leaders out there who happen to dissent from her position.
Without naming him, Merkel appeared to lament U.S. President Donald Trump’s uncertainty about human-induced climate change, saying, “We can’t, and we won’t, wait until the last person on Earth is convinced of the scientific evidence for climate change.”
Behind the scenes, however, it would appear that Merkel’s negotiating teams have been bending over backwards to tone down the climate action plan and avoid an embarrassing rejection by Donald Trump.
This can be seen by comparing the two draft climate action plans for the summit, one from March and the revised one from May. According to Climate Change News, American negotiators have watered it down considerably.
“The US massively weakened the language in the energy part of the action plan,” one source with knowledge of the negotiations said. “It pushed for references to so-called ‘clean’ fossil fuels and made it less explicit that the energy transition has to be built on energy efficiency and renewables.”
“It also provided cover to some other G20 members – such as the Saudis and Russia – to weaken some climate sections of the document, including the pledge to phase out fossil fuel subsidies.”
Here are some of the elements which have been removed from the original draft:
- A 2025 deadline for the end of fossil fuel subsidies
- References to the risk of “stranded assets”
- A call for “the alignment of public expenditure and infrastructure planning with the goals of the
- Paris Agreement”
- A push for carbon pricing
- A commitment to publish mid-century decarbonisation blueprints by next year
- A pledge to develop a “profound” climate plan for multilateral development banks
- Seven references to the UN’s 2018 review of nationally-determined contributions
- 11 references to the 2050 mid-century pathway for net zero emission
- 16 mentions of infrastructure decarbonisation
In other words, this represents the most massive victory for climate rationalism and energy realism – and a crushing and humiliating defeat for the globalists.
Latest posts by Baxter Dmitry (see all)
- WEF Declares That Human Beings Are No Longer Sovereign - February 7, 2023
- Bill Gates’ Fake Meat Industry Teetering on Brink of Financial Collapse As Consumers Reject His Vision - February 7, 2023
- CBS Deletes Grammys Tweet Proclaiming They Are ‘Ready To Worship’ Satan - February 7, 2023