Security services are accused of aiding Westminster paedophilia cover-up.
The Guardian reports: The security services are facing questions over the cover-up of a Westminster paedophile ring as it emerged that files relating to official requests for media blackouts in the early 1980s were destroyed.
Two newspaper executives have told the Observer that their publications were issued with D-notices – warnings not to publish intelligence that might damage national security – when they sought to report on allegations of a powerful group of men engaging in child sex abuse in 1984. One executive said he had been accosted in his office by 15 uniformed and two non-uniformed police over a dossier on Westminster paedophiles passed to him by the former Labour cabinet minister Barbara Castle.
The other said that his newspaper had received a D-notice when a reporter sought to write about a police investigation into Elm Guest House, in southwest London, where a group of high-profile paedophiles was said to have operated and may have killed a child. Now it has emerged that these claims are impossible to verify or discount because the D-notice archives for that period “are not complete”.
Officials running the D-notice system, which works closely with MI5 and MI6 and the Ministry of Defence, said that files “going back beyond 20 years are not complete because files are reviewed and correspondence of a routine nature with no historical significance destroyed”.
The spokesman added: “I cannot believe that past D-notice secretaries would have countenanced the destruction of any key documents. I can only repeat that while any attempted cover-up of this incident might have been attributed to a D-notice the truth would be that it was not.”
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Prince Andrew Has Failed To Cooperate With FBI Over Epstein Inquiry Say US Prosecutors - January 27, 2020
- Ghislaine Maxwell Visited Prince Andrew Up To 4 Times A Day At Buckingham Palace Says Ex-Protection Officer - January 27, 2020
- Tens Of Thousands Protest In Iraq Demanding Withdrawl Of US Troops - January 25, 2020