We have reported on a few cases (here and here) about deaths from a brain-eating amoeba this year. Sadly, a person swimming in Oklahoma has died of the same death.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Officials with the Oklahoma Department of Health say a person was hospitalized after swimming in Lake Murray last week. Tragically, the victim died on Wednesday at an Oklahoma City hospital.
Authorities say the victim died after contracting primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, which is an infection of the brain by an amoeba.
The Naegleria fowleri amoeba are often found in warm bodies of fresh water, including lakes and rivers.
Experts say swimmers should take precautions to keep water out of their nose when swimming in unchlorinated bodies of water.
Latest posts by Royce Christyn (see all)
- Government Op Who Predicted Super Bowl Score Warns Of Nuclear War - February 18, 2017
- Video: Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything & Democracy Is A Lie - May 7, 2016
- Did Bible Verse Predict String of Recent Quakes, Volcano, & Foam? - April 17, 2016