Two Indian students have died after being electrocuted when a live wire fell on their school bus in India’s southern state of Tamil Nadu.
The bus was full of students returning from a picnic on Sunday evening when the incident occurred.
The BBC reports:
At least 30 students were injured and are receiving treatment in hospital. Police have launched an investigation.
It is not clear how the live wire fell on the bus, but media reports said it happened after some students pulled at a tree that was touching the cables.
Some reports said it was a coconut tree, while others said the wire snapped when the children tried to pluck fruit from a mango tree
“We are probing. As of now we’ve filed a case of accidental death. We don’t know if there was any negligence,” television channel NDTV quoted a police official as saying.
In a similar incident last year, at least 25 people were electrocuted in the in the Tonk district of the northern Rajasthan state after a live wire fell on a bus carrying a wedding party.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017