A federal judge has ordered that the State Department release 15,000 previously hidden emails recovered by the FBI from Hillary Clinton’s private email server.
U.S. District James Boasberg ordered the State Department to expedite the processing of the recovered records by September 22. and report back to him that day.
He didn’t set a schedule for public release. The department raised the possibility of a phased release starting Oct. 14, which left open how many would be disclosed before the Nov. 8 presidential election.
As we detailed earlier, in yet another incident pointing to Hillary’s ‘above the law’ persistent lies, WaPo reports The FBI’s year-long investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server uncovered tens of thousands more documents from her time as secretary of state that were not previously disclosed by her attorneys. Worse still, as Judicial Watch details, “it looks like the State Department is trying to slow roll the release of the records.”
Having suffered blowback from throwing Colin Powell under the bus over the weekend, The Clinton campaign is likely back in panic mode as The Washington Post reports the number of emails to be released is nearly 50 percent more than the 30,000-plus that Clinton’s lawyers deemed work-related and returned to the department in December 2014…
The State Department is expected to discuss when and how it will release the emails Monday morning in federal court.
Monday’s hearing comes seven weeks after the Justice Department on July 7 closed a criminal investigation without charges into the handling of classified material in Clinton’s email set-up, which FBI Director James B. Comey Jr. called “extremely careless.”
The FBI on Aug. 5 completed transferring all of what Comey said were several thousand previously undisclosed work-related Clinton emails that the FBI found in its investigation for the State Department to review and make public. Government lawyers until now have given no details about how many emails the FBI found or when the full set would be released. It’s unclear how many of the 15,000 or so documents might be attachments, duplicates or exempt from release for various legal reasons.
Government lawyers disclosed last week that the FBI turned over six computer discs of information: one including e-mails and attachments that were sent directly to or from Clinton, or to or from her at some point in an e-mail chain, and not previously turned over by her lawyers; a second with classified documents; another with emails returned by Clinton; and three others containing materials from other individuals retrieved by the FBI.
Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton tweeted Monday morning that…
FBI found almost 15,000 new Clinton documents. When will State release them? Court hearing today.
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) August 22, 2016
Adding in an interview that “it looks like the State Department is trying to slow roll the release of the records. They’ve had them for at least a month, and we still don’t know when we’re going to get them.”
The roughly 15,000 documents at issue now come from the first disc, Fitton said.
Lawyers for the State Department and Judicial Watch, the legal group, said in an Aug. 12 court filing that theyintended to negotiate a plan for the release, part of a civil public records lawsuit before U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg of Washington.
The pre-emptive excuse already being pitched by FBI Director Comey is just as disgusting as his previous statement that investigators found no evidence that the emails it found “were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them.”
Clinton’s lawyers also may have deleted some of the emails as “personal,” Comey said, noting their review relied on header information and search terms, not a line-by-line reading as the FBI conducted.
We are sure this is “probably nothing” – just another factual falsehood from the Clintons and their establishment cronies.
Of course, as Bill Clinton has stated, this will all change…
If [Hillary] is elected, we will immediately implement the following changes:
The Foundation will accept contributions only from U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and U.S.-based independent foundations, whose names we will continue to make public on a quarterly basis.
And we will change the official name from the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation to the Clinton Foundation.
While I will continue to support the work of the Foundation, I will step down from the Board and will no longer raise funds for it.
But – we presume – if she is not elected then the foreign bribes will continue?
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Ukraine Fires Burisma Prosecutor; Transfers Case over to Soros Group Linked to CIA ‘Whistleblower’ - December 5, 2019
- Hillary Clinton Sets Record Straight: I Am Definitely NOT a Lesbian - December 5, 2019
- Democrats Block Motion Compelling Adam Schiff to Testify at Impeachment Hearings - December 5, 2019