Jill Stein has called for a new inquiry into the terror attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, saying that she believes the previous official investigation was deliberately undermined by the Bush administration.
The Green Party presidential candidate issued a statement on her website saying that the 9/11 Commission was stonewalled by the previous administration, claiming the report “contained so many omissions and distortions”.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
“Led by the families of those who died on 9/11, the American people wanted — and deserved — a comprehensive and independent inquiry into the attacks,” Stein said in a statement, according to MSNBC.
Her comment on Twitter came as follows:
She goes on to clarify her position on Bush’s negligence.
“The Bush Administration initially said an inquiry was unnecessary, claiming that the perpetrators had been identified and their methods and motives were clear,” exclaiming that the original investigation returned many “omissions and distortions.”
“The 9/11 Commission was not given enough money, time, or access to relevant classified information,” Stein said. “The Stein/Baraka campaign believes a new inquiry is necessary.”