North Korea is experiencing serious internet problems and some experts warning that online access is “totally down”.
The widespread Internet outage on Monday, comes less than a week after the FBI accused the country of being behind the hack that forced Sony Pictures to cancel the release of ‘The Interview.’
Yahoo News says: It is not immediately clear if the internet connectivity problems were an act of retribution for a major intrusion at Sony Pictures Entertainment which the FBI last week linked to North Korea.
US President Barack Obama on Friday said the US government would respond but did not say how.
The White House declined to comment tonight on the problems but State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters that of the federal government responses, “some will be seen, some may not be seen”.
Doug Madory, director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research, said the internet connectivity problems were discovered in the last 24 hours and have gotten progressively worse to the point that “North Korea’s totally down”.
Earrlier North Korea had issued a threat to attack US landmarks after claiming to have proof that the government was behind the controversial movie The Interview.
Latest posts by Carol Adl (see all)
- US-Led Coalition Bomb Syrian Army, ISIS Attack Follows - August 21, 2017
- Dick Gregory Comedian And Activist Dies Aged 84 - August 21, 2017
- Barcelona’s Chief Rabbi Tells Jews To Move To Israel Following Terror Attack - August 19, 2017