- More than a third of David Cameron’s cabinet attended a fee paying school
- A pressure group has urged the fast-tracking of disadvantaged students
- Britain’s elite still goes to Eton before attending Oxbridge, claims report
- Only seven percent of the population has been privately educated
‘Britain is still ‘deeply elitist’, with privately-educated pupils and Oxbridge graduates continuing to dominate the top roles in society, a new report warns.
Many of the nation’s judges, politicians, armed forces chiefs, journalists, TV executives and public officials attended fee-paying schools before studying at Oxford and Cambridge.
The Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission is calling for disadvantaged students from less prestigious universities to be fast-tracked into leading professions to correct the bias.’
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Rob Reiner Claims GOP Is ‘The Party of White Nationalism’ - February 28, 2021
- The Vaccinated Must Still Wear Face Masks to Protect Others Says Fauci - February 28, 2021
- Justin Trudeau Thinks ‘It’s Great to See America Re-Engage’ Under President Biden - February 28, 2021