A camp in Nigeria for refugees fleeing from militant Boko Haram Jihadi fighters was targeted by three young female suicide bombers.
Three suicide bombers were welcomed into the camp disguised as refugees on Monday. The following day two of the suicide bombers proceeded to detonate their explosive devises killing at least 58 other people and injuring 78.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
A third suicide bomber had a change of heart when she recognized a member of her family at the refugee camp. She warned authorities of further attacks that are planned by the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram, who are based in northeastern Nigeria and carry out atrocities in surrounding areas.
Telesur TV reports:
The victims of Tuesday’s attack had been previously displaced by violence perpetrated by the armed militant group Boko Haram in Nigeria’s Borno state. Around 53,000 people are being sheltered by military personnel after Boko Haram attacks.
CNN reports that the coordinated attack could have been worse, as one potential bomber withdrew.
“There were three female bombers who entered the camp around 6:30 a.m. (local time) disguised as displaced persons. Two of them set off their explosives in the camp while the third refused after realizing her parents and siblings were in the camp,” said the head of the Borno State Emergency Management Agency, Satomi Alhaji Ahmed.
The bombers struck the town of Dikwa in northeastern Nigeria.
Last Sunday, at least 86 people, including a number of children, were killed and scores injured in an suspected Boko Haram attack on a village in north-eastern Nigeria, the army and local residents said Sunday.
Nigerian army personnel said the assailants, armed with guns and explosives, attacked the small settlement of Dalori, just outside the northern city of Maiduguri on Saturday night, burning down the village.
Boko Haram are suspected to have killed some 17,000 people and forced more than 2.6 million others to flee their homes since 2009.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017