Is this a disaster just waiting to happen?
“Two of Britain’s nuclear power plants closed in August over safety issues will not be fully up and running for another two years – triggering fears of blackouts this winter.
The twin reactors at Heysham 1 and Hartlepool were shut down after cracks were discovered in a boiler at the Heysham site in Lancashire.
Owner EDF Energy last month warned that the plants, which play a key role in keeping the lights on in Britain, could be out of action until the end of the year to allow safety checks to take place on each of the four reactor’s eight boilers.
- Work to prevent high temperatures causing further cracks at ageing plants
- Move will lead to increase in the risk of power shortages this winter and next
- The nuclear power reactors have been in operation since the early 1980s”
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Biden Campaign Demands That Facebook Clamp Down On Trump For Spreading ‘Voting Misinformation’ - September 29, 2020
- Police Launch Investiagtion Into Alleged Ballot Harvesting Plot Linked To Ilhan Omar - September 29, 2020
- ‘Trump will Take Your Money and Let You Die’ Says Hollywood DirectorJudd Apatow - September 29, 2020