Matteo Renzi, Francois Hollande, and Angela Merkel met on a volcanic island near Naples this week in a symbolic attempt to prevent the European project from erupting.
Their meeting marks a joint resolve to keep the EU from imploding following the UK vote to leave.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Klaus Schwab and George Soros Declare China Must Lead New World Order
Klaus Schwab: ‘God Is Dead’ and the WEF is ‘Acquiring Divine Powers’
‘Passion of the Christ’ Star Claims Hollywood Elite Are Trafficking Children For Adrenochrome
Bill Gates Tells World Leaders ‘Death Panels’ Will Soon Be Required
Justin Bieber: Facial Paralysis Is ‘Punishment’ For Exposing Illuminati Pedophilia
Spanish Royalty Expose Who Really Killed Princess Diana
‘Controlled Opposition’: Dave Chappelle’s Family Say He Was Killed and Cloned by the Illuminati
Michael Jackson Was Murdered for Saying SAME Things As Kanye 13 Years Ago
CIA Agent ‘We Pay Mainstream Media To Spread Fake News,’ Shocking Exposé
Europe is the Solution Says Hollande
Please consider EU Leaders Pledge Brexit Will Not Weaken Bloc.
The leaders of Germany, France and Italy declared they would not allow Britain’s departure from the EU to propel the bloc into reverse as they discussed plans to deepen intelligence co-operation and bolster a pan-European investment plan.
At a summit on the Mediterranean island of Ventotene, they pledged to address some of the bloc’s most urgent problems by reinforcing European defence, overcoming a refugee crisis and spurring economic growth.
“We think that Europe is not the problem. It’s more the solution,” said Italian premier Matteo Renzi at a press conference with German chancellor Angela Merkel and French president François Hollande on the flight deck of an Italian aircraft carrier.
Almost two months after Britain voted to the leave the EU, the summit was cast as an opportunity for the three largest founder members of the union to declare their common commitment to European integration.
The volcanic island near Naples was specifically chosen for the meeting, the leaders’ second since the Brexit referendum, as a symbolic mark of their joint resolve to stay the course with the EU after the UK voted to leave.
Earlier today a reader commented …
To think that EU is only a economic construction is pure ignorance, The main objective was (and still is) TO AVOID MILITARY CONFLICTS in the most violent continent in the last 3 centuries. This has been successful.
Analyzing EU with “nannycrats” and other silly notions denotes only the lack of culture, lack of meaningful readings and shortsighted view of the writer.
I know full well what the mission of the EU is. The problem is two fold.
Mission creep: The nannycrats did not stick to the mission.
- The Euro: The euro is fatally flawed as a currency.
- I fully embrace freedom of movement, within the EU, for the right reasons.
I do not embrace open invites to terrorists, from elsewhere. Nor do I embrace open invites from elsewhere for economic reasons.
The results speak for themselves, and the volcano is arguably ready to blow its top.
Volcano Offers Perfect Symbolism
- Beppe Grillo’s eurosceptic Five Star Movement party is in a dead heat with Matteo Renzi in Italian polls.
- Marine Le Pen eurosceptic National Front party is leading or in second place France.
- The Eurosceptic AfD party is on the rise in Germany.
- Norbert Hofer of the Freedom Party, a right-populist group with an anti-immigrant, Eurosceptic platform, is in the lead in a presidential re-run in Austria.
- Spanish separatists in Catalonia threaten to break away from Spain and are in open defiance in Madrid.
Brexit happened because of inane nannycrat rules and also because of Merkel’s blatantly stupid open arms welcome of outsiders for political and economic reasons.
Europe is more splintered now in many ways than it was before the adoption of the Euro.
#eu Brexit is a direct result of nannycrat mission creep on a foundation consisting of termite infested wood commonly known as the euro.
— Mike "Mish" Shedlock (@MishGEA) August 22, 2016
Anger is visible everywhere. The volcano is ready to blow.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Brazilian Military Declare Bolsonaro ‘True President of Brazil’ – Media Blackout - November 27, 2022
- Thousands of People in China Rise Up Against ‘New World Order’ Lockdowns - November 27, 2022
- Trudeau Says He Feels ‘Serene and Confident’ Over Illegal Decision To Freeze Protestors’ Bank Accounts - November 27, 2022