The EU governments have decided that after the Paris Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks they should respond by curtailing free speech, ramp up propaganda, increase surveillance on citizens, and ban the type of “offensive content” Charlie Hebdo published. Those who worked for Charlie Hebdo would be turning in their graves. Is this what they would have wanted?
Global Guerrillas reports:
Here’s more detail. In their Joint Statement they concluded that:
- The attack on Charlie Hebdo was a bad thing (very bold of them).
- To protect free speech we must curtail it: “With this in mind, the partnership of the major Internet providers is essential to create the conditions of a swift reporting of material that aims to incite hatred and terror and the condition of its removing, where appropriate or possible.” Force ISPs to shut down, spy on, or block access to websites deemed objectionable by EU ministries.
- All members of the EU should increase their use of psychological operations and propaganda. In particular, the EU should use the “Syria Strategic Communication Advisory Team” (built on UK Home Office psyops expertise ) set up in Belgium when possible.
- The EU should increase internal advertising to increase sensitivity to human rights and values of a diverse population (aka avoid the type of “hate speech” that Charlie Hebdo published).
- The crack down of firearms should be intensified. Existing firearms laws didn’t have any impact on this attack. The attackers were well armed. Perhaps more aggressive laws will fix that.
- The EU should coordinate with the US on cyber initiatives to develop a more comprehensive way to track, screen, and detain global travellers.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- Nasty Nancy: America Cannot Withstand Second ‘DESTRUCTIVE’ Term From Trump - February 18, 2020
- Deep State Declare WAR: Federal Judges Hold Emergency Meeting Over Barr and Trump - February 18, 2020
- Julian Assange About to Die ‘Due to Psychological Torture,’ Doctors Warn - February 18, 2020