Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused 1,845 people of insulting him, filing separate lawsuits against each person.
Erdogan has been accused of abusing his Presidential powers by aggressively utilising a law that prohibits members of the public from insulting the President. Among those accused include celebrities, journalists and schoolchildren.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
FBI Chief Found Dead After Exposing Sickening Truth About Elite Pedophilia
Disturbing Proof the WEF and UN Are Quietly Deleting the Internet
WEF Insider Reveals 'Bug-Eating Agenda' Is About Destroying the Human Soul
Coolio Was About To Take Down Hollywood Pedophile Ring Before He Died
Pope Francis Vows To Usher In ‘One World Religion’
Bill Gates Caught Admitting ‘Climate Change Is WEF Scam’ to Inner Circle
Elites Panic As Queen’s Death Threatens To Expose Pedophile Ring
WEF Anoint Charles ‘The Great Reset King’
WEF To Force Public To Wear ‘Brain Implants’ So the Elite Can Read Their Minds
Critics say Erdogan, who has been accused of increasing authoritarianism, even considers strong criticism as insults.
Responding to questions in parliament late Tuesday, Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag said his ministry has allowed 1,845 cases on charges of insulting Erdogan to go ahead.
He defended the prosecutions, saying: “I am unable to read the insults leveled at our president. I start to blush.”
Erdogan last year also filed a complaint against the opposition Cumhuriyet newspaper’s editor-in-chief Can Dundar and the paper’s Ankara representative Erdem Gul for their reports on alleged arms smuggling to Syria, which led to their arrests and subsequent charges of spying and aiding a terror organization. They go on trial March 25.
The two, however, were released from prison last week pending the outcome of the trial after Turkey’s Constitutional Court ruled that their rights had been violated. Erdogan severely criticized the court’s ruling, saying he did not respect it and would not abide by it.
At a news conference in Istanbul, Dundar said the court’s ruling amounted to a defeat for Erdogan who “is trying to turn it into a state crisis.”
In May, Cumhuriyet published what it said were images of Turkish trucks carrying ammunition to Syrian militants. The images reportedly date back to January 2014, when local authorities searched Syria-bound trucks, touching off a standoff with Turkish intelligence officials. The paper said the images proved that Turkey was smuggling arms to rebels.
The government initially denied the trucks were carrying arms, maintaining that the cargo consisted of humanitarian aid. Some officials later suggested the trucks were carrying arms or ammunition to Turkmen groups in Syria.
Latest posts by Sean Adl-Tabatabai (see all)
- U.S. Buys $290M Worth of Anti-Radiation Drugs Amid Nuclear War Fears - October 6, 2022
- MSNBC: ‘Pro-Lifers Are Pedophiles’ - October 6, 2022
- ‘Tainted Blood’: Study Finds 94 Percent of Vaccinated Patients Have Abnormal Blood - October 6, 2022