A group of migrants caused panic at a Canary Islands nudist beach after reporting symptoms associated with Ebola.
The 19 migrants, who had arrived from Sierra Leone and Guinea on a fishing boat, landed on the Gran Canaria beach early in the morning, but were isolated for seven hours as authorities decided on the next steps.
Red Cross officials were quick to arrive at the scene and separated the migrants from the nudist beachgoers as they began taking their temperatures armed with protective masks and gloves.
A dump truck was later called to take the migrants away to a holding centre.
Authorities later confirmed that none of the migrants tested positive for the deadly virus, although four group members were taken to the hospital for other health issues.
“It presents risks because it is an established destination. Unfortunately, illegal immigration has become a common sight in the West,” said Marco Aurelio Perez, the mayor of San Bartolome.
Meanwhile, the Spanish nurse who overcame the deadly Ebola virus after being the first person to contract the virus outside West Africa, has offered to give her blood to treat other sufferers.
Teresa Romero, 44, contracted the virus in Madrid when she was looking after two priests who had been repatriated from West Africa.
“I don’t know what went wrong, I don’t even know if anything went wrong. I only know that I am not reproachful or resentful, but if my infection can be of some use, so that the disease can be studied better or to help find a vaccine or to cure other people, here I am,” Romero told a news conference.
The Ebola death toll currently stands at 4,818, with over 13,000 confirmed cases, reported the World Health Organisation.
Latest posts by Royce Christyn (see all)
- Government Op Who Predicted Super Bowl Score Warns Of Nuclear War - February 18, 2017
- Video: Why Voting Doesn’t Change Anything & Democracy Is A Lie - May 7, 2016
- Did Bible Verse Predict String of Recent Quakes, Volcano, & Foam? - April 17, 2016