A family has been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after using a barbecue inside their tent in Cornwall, England.
The family of five decided to use their barbecue to cook breakfast inside their tent after it started to rain outside.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Five people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after becoming ill when they chose to cook their breakfast inside the tent due to the bad weather.
Firefighters and South Western Ambulance service arrived around 9.20am to the tent pitched close to the B3266, north of Camelford, Cornwall.
A Cornwall Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “It appears that breakfast was being cooked on a barbecue outside the tent.
“When it started to rain, the barbecue was taken inside the tent to continue the cooking.
“After a relatively short time, two of the occupants became unwell, prompting the call to the ambulance service.
“In total, a family of five people were conveyed to hospital by ambulance to be checked for the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.”
It is dangerous to take a smouldering or lit BBQ into a tent, caravan or cabin.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017