‘A retired hospital consultant has denied charges that he tried to arrange abortions for a young girl patient he is already accused of raping.
- Michael Salmon, 79, was a consultant at two Buckinghamshire hospitals
- He worked at Stoke Mandeville and Royal Buckingham Hospital in the 1980s
- Doctor, from Salisbury, is accused of trying to procure an abortion for girl
- Salmon has already been charged with raping her, plus other sex offences
- In total he faces 16 charges: 11 counts of indecent assault and three of rape
- Yesterday he appeared at Reading Crown Court to deny all of the charges
- Salmon, who’s out on conditional bail, will go on trial on 5 January next year
Dr Michael Salmon, 79, from Salisbury, Wiltshire, appeared before a judge at Reading Crown Court to plead not guilty to two charges of procuring an abortion for the same girl.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
The offences are alleged to have happened on separate occasions between July 1984 and July 1985.
The claims, made by a total of eight alleged victims, related to when Salmon was a consultant at Stoke Mandeville Hospital and the Royal Buckingham Hospital, both in Buckinghamshire, in the 1980s.
Well-spoken Salmon addressed the court only to confirm his name and enter a not guilty plea to each of the charges, including the two latest abortion charges which were put to him yesterday.
The former doctor, who is married, was allowed to sit in the courtroom behind his barrister for the short hearing because of problems with the hearing loop in the dock.
The retired consultant listened intently as Rachel Drake, prosecuting, and Sarah Jones, defending, made plans for his case to progress.
In total Salmon entered not guilty pleas to three counts of rape, 11 counts of indecent assault and two counts of using an instrument with the intention of procuring a miscarriage.
Judge Joanne Cutts QC said that his trial would take place on January 5 next year.’
Report By : Mail Online
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- CBS Weather Presenter Collapses Live On Air - March 20, 2023
- Elizabeth Warren: There’s No Reason To Protest Trump’s Arrest, ‘This is the Law Operating as it Should’ - March 20, 2023
- ‘I’m Glad I Had Kids Before I Transitioned’ Says Rachle Levine Who Wants To ‘Normalize’ Gender Affirming Treatment For Children - March 20, 2023