Political commentator Candace Owens has called for the FBI to be immediately dissolved following their unconstitutional raid on former President Donald Trump.
A number of high-profile figures lashed out on Monday after news broke that the bureau had executed a political raid at Trump’s Florida home at Mar-a-Lago.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Dailywire.com reports: The investigation is centered around classified material that Trump brought with him to Mar-a-Lago from the White House.
“Biden’s out of control DOJ is ripping this country apart with how they’re openly targeting their political enemies,” Donald Trump Jr. tweeted. “This is what you see happen in 3rd World Banana Republics!!!”
“We truly live in a third world country!” Eric Trump tweeted.
“The FBI raid of Mar-a-Lago is a continuation of the left’s endless & unlawful persecution of President Trump,” Kimberly Guilfoyle tweeted. “The failed Biden Regime will do anything to try to distract the American people from the fact that their policies are DESTROYING our nation.
Other notable responses included:
- Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS): “The FBI just raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago. Is this equal application of the law? Or is this a political hit job? #HillaryClinton #WheresHunter”
- Buck Sexton, radio host: “No special counsel for Hunter’s cocaine, hookers, tax evasion, and selling of his dad’s office to China. But FBI raids former president Trump’s home looking for random documents. Seems legit.”
- Richard Grenell, former Acting Director of National Intelligence: “The FBI raids Trump’s house and the Democrats vote to add 87,000 new IRS agents to go after Americans. Wake up, America.”
- Russ Vought, former Trump official: “By raiding Pres Trump’s home today, the FBI offered clear & convincing evidence that it is weaponized against the American people and self-government. The FBI must be broken into a thousand pieces. Investigated, defunded, abolished, rent asunder. And the GOP must wake up & fight!”
- Candace Owens, political commentator: “The FBI must be legally and formally dissolved. What happened to President Trump is positively stunning and a mark of unchecked government power. I no longer recognize the country I live in. Left or right, we must all come together to fight this evil.”
Federal prosecutors opened a grand jury investigation back in May into Trump over whether classified material that ended up at his home in Mar-a-Lago was mishandled.
The main purpose of these types of investigations is usually for federal authorities to determine if any classified material was compromised so that intelligence officials can take steps to protect sensitive sources and methods. Prosecutors are seeking to learn every aspect of how the documents were handled from the time the documents left the White House until they were returned to the National Archives.
For prosecutors to be able to prove that a crime was committed, they would need evidence showing that the parties involved in removing the documents from the White House knew that the documents were classified and knew that removing them would violate the law.