British soldiers may face Iraq murder, torture and rape charges as claims have multiplied tenfold over the past five years.
The unit established to test allegations of torture and unlawful killings has been overwhelmed with cases with investigators confirming that soldiers may face prosecution.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
Balenciaga Pedo-gate Blown WIDE OPEN
Klaus Schwab and George Soros Declare China Must Lead New World Order
Klaus Schwab: ‘God Is Dead’ and the WEF is ‘Acquiring Divine Powers’
‘Passion of the Christ’ Star Claims Hollywood Elite Are Trafficking Children For Adrenochrome
Bill Gates Tells World Leaders ‘Death Panels’ Will Soon Be Required
Justin Bieber: Facial Paralysis Is ‘Punishment’ For Exposing Illuminati Pedophilia
Spanish Royalty Expose Who Really Killed Princess Diana
‘Controlled Opposition’: Dave Chappelle’s Family Say He Was Killed and Cloned by the Illuminati
Michael Jackson Was Murdered for Saying SAME Things As Kanye 13 Years Ago
When the UK Ministry of Defence created the Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT) in 2010 to look into accusations of abuse and torture allegedly committed by the British contingent in Iraq in 2003-06, the number of the victims it was dealing with was 152, yet in a matter of five years this number grew by almost 10 times, currently reaching at least 1,514, according to the latest IHAT quarterly update.
Of the total number of alleged victims, some 280 are victims of alleged unlawful killings and 1,235 are cases of ill-treatment, including alleged rape and torture.
Currently, only 25 unlawful killing cases (9 percent) allegedly committed by British forces are being investigated; the ill-treatment cases under investigation total 45 (less than 4 percent).
“There are serious allegations that we are investigating across the whole range of IHAT investigations, which incorporates homicide, where I feel there is significant evidence to be obtained to put a strong case before the Service Prosecuting Authority (SPA) to prosecute and charge,” Mark Warwick, a former police detective in charge of the Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT), told The Independent.
In the meantime, the International Criminal Court (ICC) is conducting a preliminary examination of more than 1,200 cases of war crimes allegedly committed by British forces in Iraq, of them nearly 50 cases of Iraqis dying in British custody.
The IHAT was supposed to complete its investigations by 2016 but it is clear that this time limit will not be met. Even though the team is going to be funded until 2019, even that timeframe would not guarantee that the job will get done.
“Over the next 12 to 18 months, we will review all the caseload to better understand the picture and then I think we can say whether 2019 seems realistic,” Warwick said.
Having mentioned “lots of significant cases” with “serious allegations” being investigated right now, Mark Warwick said that “at the appropriate time” they will be discussed with the SPA regarding whether they could be brought to court as war crimes.
So far, after five years since the IHAT was established, not a single prosecution has been brought to court.
Human rights groups suspect the British government of soft-pedaling the whole issue.
Latest posts by Niamh Harris (see all)
- Fauci Couldn’t Recall Critical Covid Decisions During 7 Hour Deposition - November 29, 2022
- The Pope Sparks Fury In Russia Following ‘Racist’ Interview - November 29, 2022
- Fauci: If The Purpose Of China’s Lockdown Is To Get Everyone Vaccinated “Then OK” - November 29, 2022