The FBI have said they are taking threats of a Sunday ISIS attack very seriously, following information published by Anonymous that lists 7 worldwide cities ISIS are going to attack on Sunday 22nd November.
The OpParisIntel list includes specific locations across the U.S., Indonesia, Italy and Lebanon that Anonymous say ISIS are going to strike, as well as a planned assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to occur in Atlanta on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. EST.
BYPASS THE CENSORS
Sign up to get unfiltered news delivered straight to your inbox.
The FBI have issued a statement saying they are aware of the threats, and are taking appropriate action to prepare for the WWE event on Sunday evening.
The collective published the list of potential targets alongside a statement: “The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while.”
The targets listed by Anonymous are as follow:
- Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
- Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
- Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)
- Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
- Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)
- Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
- University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)
According to Anonymous: “We only appeared now because our goal was to remain undercover and report everything to the right authorities and let them take all the action. But when authorities do not take action, Anonymous does. This part of the op started last Monday and has [been] and will be active 24 hours a day as long as the op is going on.”
Speaking to International Business Times, Anonymous said it had passed proof to the MI5 intelligence agency in the U.K., the CIA and FBI in the U.S., and the Australian government but that it has no plans to release the proof publicly. “If we share the proof [publicly], everyone will start calling it fake because screenshots can be edited and accounts can be deleted. We have purposely not shared account links publicly because they would be shut down immediately and then no one would believe the proof.”
Anonymous declared war on the Islamic State group last week, vowing to track it down online as part of its Operation Paris (or OpParis). It has since released a guide for all those looking to take part in the operation, which already has identified tens of thousands of Twitter accounts it said are associated with the militant group while also taking some websites offline. The Islamic State group has responded to the threat by Anonymous, warning of a retaliatory attack on the activist group.