During a sneezing fit, Steve Easton, 51, blew out a rubber sucker from a toy gun he had been playing with 43 years earlier, through his nose.
The rubber sucker belonging to the end of a toy dart dislodged itself from his nose and presented him not only with a shock, but some welcome relief after years of suffering with blocked nasal passages.
The charity worker from Camberley, Surrey, says he was blown away by the discovery.
He had been suffering from nasal problems since the age of seven when he had accidentally shot himself up the left nostril with a toy gun and its rubber tipped plastic dart. He had initially complained about it to his mum, who had taken him to the hospital after finding the tip of a plastic dart missing. The hospital staff did not notice anything unusual in their checks and discharged the young Mr Easton, 43 years ago. All the while his mum had a feeling that there was something amiss with his respiratory passages and was eventually relieved to find that her worries were well placed.
The charity worker has had to put up with blocked nasal passages for 43 years after all the adults turned their backs on his initial complaints due to his young age.
The 51 year old claims that he feels no difference in his life and wonders what else could be lodged up his upper respiratory tract.
The Guardian reports:
Steve Easton, 51, often had a case of the sniffles or a headache and put it down to hay fever. But his nasal passages are now clear for the first time since childhood after one big blow cleared the problem.
As he sat at his computer he sneezed and out flew the sucker tip of a toy dart, about the size of a penny coin. Easton told his mother, Pat, and was amazed to find that at the age of seven his parents had taken him to hospital after they thought he had inhaled the dart.
“I started a sneezing fit and it came out of my left nostril,” said Easton, of Camberley in Surrey. “I thought, ‘What’s this? Where the hell has this come from?’ and pulled out this rubber sucker.
I spoke to my mum and she said, ‘Oh yes, we took you to hospital when you were seven because we thought you had inhaled one.’”
His mother and father, Quentin, both 77, of Buckinghamshire, had found little Steve playing with his dart gun at their home in Camberley, and noticed one of the rubber tips was missing.
Mrs Easton said: “There was just one of these darts without a tip. I took him to the hospital and they spent a lot of time looking for it but in the end they said perhaps it was a mistake. I knew it wasn’t and it’s always worried me and now it has suddenly shot out. We are all shocked.”
Easton has suffered from the sniffles all his life but as far as he is aware the sucker has caused him no other health issues.
“I brought it up with my doctor and he was amazed like everybody else but said there had been no harm done. It’s just one of those things,” he said. “It had been there in my nasal cavity for 44 years. I was completely unaware that it was in my nose for that long. I feel no different now. I wonder if there’s anything else up there.”
SWNS TV YouTube:
Charity shop worker Steve Easton, 51, sneezed out the mildly decomposed rubber sucker from the end of the dart that he had no idea had been lodged in his nasal cavity since the 70s.
When he told his mum Pat, now 77, he was amazed to find that his parents had taken him to hospital after they thought he inhaled the dart – aged SEVEN.
Steve, of Camberley, Surrey, said: “I started a sneezing fit and it came out my left nostril.
“I thought, ‘What’s this? Where the hell has this come from?’ and pulled out this rubber sucker. I was completely blown away.
Latest posts by Edmondo Burr (see all)
- Police Arrest Suspect In Supermarket Baby Food Poisoning - October 1, 2017
- Seoul Secures Data From Electromagnetic Interference By N Korea - September 30, 2017
- The ‘World’s First Internet War’ Has Begun: Julian Assange - September 30, 2017